Monday, September 04, 2006

monster house. GRR!!!

so, i have reached this absolutely pathetic point in my life where my only company is that of my darling, DARLING younger siblings [one of which is reading this post from over my shoulder while she pretends to do her cizi.] therefore, today, i decided that i HAD to get my lazy arse out of my house, right? so i decided to treat my little siblings to a MOVIE! my younger brother staunchly refused to watch something as inane as "lovewrecked", so we eventually decided on MONSTER HOUSE.

disclaimer: if you are going to laugh at me, please leave my blog before that happens, or i may have to disembowel you.

in essence, it's a show where two precocious, albeit adorable, little boys go into a frenzy after 'killing' their abrasive next door neighbour who has a rather freakish tendency to speak to his house. they believe that the house is haunted by their dead neighbour and feels a need to exorcise the ghost that has possessed the house to prevent others from being consumed by the house that has suddenly sprouted a mouth and begun eating people. throw in a strangely rafflesian-ish young girl in pigtails who likes to take charge of the situation and you have a "house-killing" escapade of the greatest proportions.

surprisingly, the show was better than i originally thought it would be. but go in hoping to laugh and be entertained and you will be sadly disappointed.

why?

because it is absolutely the MOST SCARY ANIMATED FILM I HAVE EVER WATCHED.

well, those who know me will probably scoff and say, "yeah sure, but you're scared of everything." which is TRUE, i'd have to admit, but only because i am in possession of a very active imagination. so yes, i am slightly wary of houses coming to life in my neighbourhood at the moment. truth be told, as the story unfolds it gets less and less frightening, but there are a few positively creepy moments at the beginning of the movie.

but yet again, i got chills watching corpse bride, so you probably shouldn't take my word for it. my sister and i were holding hands throughout the movie, though. and using our twisties to shield our eyes. and we both resolved never to watch the sequel if they decide to launch one. so yes, there you have it. another individual who agrees that it is a BLOODY SCARY MOVIE.

nevertheless, it was a good afternoon spent with two kids determined to spend all my money on movie snacks, taxi fare and mosburger. in a way i'm glad about the seclusion that the schedules of NUS, SMU, NTU and the SAF have forced me into. i get to spend a lot more time with my family and re-visit old memories with old friends who i've forgotten mean the world to me. so yes, i'm glad. not to say that i don't miss people. i do. sorely. but it's just a strange feeling of contentment amongst the intense loneliness.

besides, it's preparing me for my life overseas, ain't it?

i'm going to talk to joshua online now.. he's devastated by steve irwin's passing, the poor bloke.

ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home