Monday, October 16, 2006

well, hello there!

after my brief respite from blogging i am happy to say that i have made an unfortunate return! BUAHA! all of you are now doomed to endure my pathetic ramblings about my hapless and so very sad life. :)

in the past three days, i have somehow managed to fall extremely ill, and despite all the medication i've been pumping into my body, the latter evidently refuses to cooperate and allow me to have a decent first week of academic school work. :( as a result, i am now, for the third day in a row, completely mute, save for a few croaks and some halfway decent squeaks here and there.

that's actually the second reason why i hate the weather here so much. the dry air coupled with the cold wind and the occasional rain doesn't exactly promote healthy living and a fully functional respiratory system. the first, of course, would be that the cold weather gives one the munchies. and then i eat, and eat, and eat, and eventually return home fifteen kg heavier. gad. i swear, these three years will be my downfall.

anyway, back to the awkward narration of my uneventful life. so basically, i wake up every morning, spend ten minutes coughing my bloody lungs out, then stumble to the bathroom and wash up, only to realise, hey, i've only got thirty minutes to be at blahblahblah place. [mind you, this happens EVERY MORNING.] so i rush like crazy through my shower, grab all my stuff, run out of the flat with only a light jacket and my hair still wet, and proceed to basically get myself sick all over again.

it's a vicious cycle, i tell you, a vicious cycle.

i wish i could say i have the strength of will to drag myself out of bed earlier, but well.. i don't. so what would be the point in lying about it? :P in any case, sometimes i sleep so late i'm amazed i can drag myself out of bed at ALL. this has to change once lesson proper begins.. which is, well, tomorrow at ten fifteen a.m.. and it's well, one nineteen a.m.. so this isn't exactly a stellar beginning to my newfound resolution.

why do i sleep so late, you ask? well, it's fundamentally because of one, stupid, retarded, absolutely addictive card game, famous in singapore for bringing down all bengs and lians, secondary schoolboys and schoolgirls, university students and yuppies alike...

dai dee.

yep, you heard me right, dai dee. big two. the evil card game we used to play outside the classrooms while waiting for our chinese common test to start [because face it, we were gonna flunk it anyway.] basically, after a couple of hong kong, malaysians and singaporean friends taught it to my flatmates.. there was NO STOPPING THEM!

every night. every single night, we're up playing dai dee, competing to see who wins the most times, until unearthly hours of the morning. UNEARTHLY, i tell you. it's great fun, really, seeing everyone swear at each other [not that i necessarily participate, of course] at the rubbish deck they've been dealt, watching people [especially guys, omg, they're so damned competitive] drive each other nuts with taunting and screaming. we basically wake all the neighbours everytime someone plays the 2 of spades.

it's crazy, but mannn. it's fun.

officially siong school starts TOMORROW. at ten fifteen. soooo. goodnight!

ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home