Sunday, October 01, 2006

york.

hello, my dearests!

a little update from york:

1) york is as pretty as it was in july.
2) the weather's fairly nice but starting to get a tad bit colder.
3) i moved into the college yesterday.
4) i have to move again tomorrow.
5) my accompanying baggage has grown from one suitcase to two because my father bought an entire restaurant full of crockery, cutlery and food for me.
[as you can see, the combination of points 3, 4 and 5 does present to me a rather large conundrum.]
6) my parents left for manchester airport last night.
7) i made friends with two gigantic spiders who deigned to visit me in my bed last night. i named them daddy and mommy long legs, respectively.
8) my temporary room is the size of a closet.
9) all bathroom and toilet facilities are COMMUNAL and UNISEX.
10) i have, as of yet, no internet access from my room.
11) i only get my debit card in two weeks.
12) no singaporeans aside from yours truly have arrived at york, heretofore.
13) i have been vegetarian for almost a week now, and...
14) i am slowly sinking into depression.

haha.. don't get me wrong, york isn't all bad! people here are generally quite friendly, and well, the ducks outside my window seem amiable enough. one thing i really enjoy is the quietude.. you don't really have to rush anywhere, and there's really nothing much to do. although, right now, doing nothing is essentially what is driving me to near insanity.

the truth is, it's probably only this interim period that's leaving me feeling rather unsettled. the fact that i can't unpack, because i'm moving again. the fact that i can't get my internet access, because i'm moving again. the fact that i can't even STUDY, because school hasn't started. it's just all slowly building up into this crescendo of "WILL SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM THE INANITY OF THIS EXISTENCE!?!"

i really long for school to start; for some people from home to start arriving and for my internet to start kicking up so i can talk to the people at home a lot more often. talking to yourself all day is just SLIGHTLY, only SLIGHTLY, insanity inducing.

my only saving grace is ernest xue ren kai, angel of the highest order. he's been faithfully calling me whenever i express the slightest need for company, probably resulting in the heftiest phone bill anyone has seen since the dawn of time. he's been smsing me everytime i seem bored, and he's been comforting me everytime i feel sobs threatening.

he's honestly the best. the BEST.

i miss everyone sorely, and it's.. well, only 76 days till i come home!

pray for me, please?

ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home